WHAT IS A SIEM?
Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) systems provide network administrators with a comprehensive view of activities taking place within their IT infrastructure and allow deep rapid investigation and reaction to security incidents.
HOW DOES A SIEM WORK?
A SIEM solution aggregates key information from several sources including IDS, EDR and other network event logs. This data is analysed to identify potential security incidents which are alerted for further investigation.
By deploying a SIEM solution an organisation can actively detect and respond to potential security incidents across their network in real-time. This improved detection and response capability allows organisations to migrate to a more proactive threat hunting approach and helps achieve monitoring capability outlined by regulatory standards such as PCI-DSS and GDPR.
A SIEM can integrate with a large array of technologies including: Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, AntiVirus, Endpoint Detection Solutions, Servers and Workstations (physical, virtual and cloud), Routers, Switches and Email solutions such as Office 365.
- Gain real-time visibility of security events across your entire estate
- Prioritise advanced security threats
- Leverage real-time threat intelligence
- Identify Compromised Assets
- Reduce overall Security Operations costs
- Prevent Endpoint Compromise
- Provide comprehensive security event reports
- Achieve compliance requirements